i haven’t been posting about my workouts, but i have been doing them when i can.
chest day and back day were this week. felt extraordinarily weak during cheat exercises, but my strength will come back with time.
also eating copious amounts of chocolate and definitely gaining weight, but the stress from this exam season is too great and i could care less right now. the way i choose to see it, i am ensuring positive mental health and also creating a new blank slate to sculpt in the gym.
Sometimes in between sets I just stare at the bar disdainfully
matt smith and karen gillan are going to be at the calgary comic con and i just bought tickets so we are DRIVING DOWN !!!!
now to get my outfit together..
Actually dying of how freaking adorable this is.
That is so well thought out.
But I didn’t notice what it said til I scrolled by this picture 4 times.
oh my this is so ridiculously cute, dying
Gah, too cute!
procrastinating online to the point where i am currently looking at buying a new lampshade and the style i want
had our first ball hockey practice today ! not a lot of girls showed up, but that was okay. we are playing with a different league this year and it is on a mUCH smaller rink, so i am nervous to see how this will go [ie. how many bruises i will endure from slapshots at close range]
also this league is ‘fun league’, which sure can be fun but it isn’t my first choice.
another stray dog ran up to me when i was walking to the bus today. this is the second one this year. am i the dog whisperer or something?
- nailed the sports nutrition final, now on to my next two. just finished my last paper for my nutrition class, our clinical trial on how calcium affects blood lipids [where i was the intervention subject, remember?]
- consensus was that LDL did not significantly change between the groups, but was very close (P=0.056) and rose rather than fell, indicating that our calcium rich food choices may have been confounded by the saturated fat content, that is known to increase LDL.
- TC:HDL significantly improved, with rising HDL levels in post intervention lipid levels = calcium is good for raising HDL
- made a fantastic dinner of chicken, roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes with brown rice and beets
- spends more time cooking than eating